How to use P&E USB Multilink with 9S12XE and CW 5.2?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use P&E USB Multilink with 9S12XE and CW 5.2?

michaelran
Contributor I

Dear All,

I debugged 9S12XE device prototype with a old P&E tool,everything goes well.

Now, I have a new P&E USB Multilink , but can not debug the same prototype. I can select USB Multilink in CW 5.2 when debug, and it shows 'Port:  Undetect.Disconnect/Connect USB cable.'

The development environment as follows:

Window 7 64bit

Codewarrior 5.2

I did some check already:

The multlink driver has been installed, it shows as 'USB Multilink 2.0' correctly on windows explorer .

The 2 LEDs on multlink are lit up when using.

The same wire ,and connect correctly.

I update multilink firmware, but still not working.

So,any other ideas?Thanks! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael,

Could you please more specify your new USB Multilink?

The USB BDM Multilink (red box, USB-ML-12E, rev.C) is no longer distributed by PEmicro.

It means, that you have USB Multilink Universal or USB Multilink Universal FX?

According to my information (may be old), the Win10 drivers do not support old USB BDM Multilink.

On the other side, the USB Multilink Universal FX is not supported under old CW IDE like 5.1.

You may ask PEmicro for unofficial patch that will enable use USB Multilink Universal FX with CW5.1.

The USB Multilink Universal or USB Multilink Universal FX needs firmware for S12(X). The CW5.1 do not support automatic firmware update. You have to load it into debugger by Firmware Updater tool from USB Multilink Universal (and FX) Resource CD:

http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=346

The automatic firmware update works fine with my CW5.2.

Note: Please connect only one PEmicro/OSBDM debugger to your PC. They use the same ID and when USB Multilink is connected, the OSBDM do not work.

I just tested the same configuration (Win7 x64, CW5.2) with our debuggers USB BDM Multilink rev.C, USB Multilink Universal Rev. A, USB Multilink Universal Rev. C and USB Multilink Universal FX Rev.A. All debuggers works fine with our DEMO9S12XEP100 board.

Please install latest PEmicro drivers

http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=53

and check BDM connector orientation on both sides of the ribbon cable.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos