cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDR3 calibration for MT41K256M16TW-107

shree97
Contributor II

Hello all,

We have a custom board for which we refferred SABRESD reference Schematics.In our Board we change the RAM to Micron MT41K256M16TW-107 DDR3 RAM.We have two variants of custom board ,in which one is running on i.MX6 solo with 1GB RAM and another with i.MX6 Dualite with 2GB RAM.

I have done the DDR calibration for both the boards but I have following issues:

1) In solo board I am getting only 4 values from calibration(I have done the calibration multiple times).

2) After looking into others DDR3 configuration I modified my DDR3 configuration for solo but I am getting kernel panic issues continuously.

Is it necessary to run the DDR stress Test for setting up DDR3 settings properly?

I followed the below script for i.MX6 solo with 1GBddr3script.png

I this script I am not getting Data rate option as 1866 (its lasts to 1600) and also I am unable to edit  tRCd ,tRC,tRAS values.

Do I need to change Si configuration values?

Kindly help regarding this issue.

Best Regards,

Shrikant

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Q. Is it necessary to run the DDR stress Test for setting up DDR3 settings properly?

A. Yes.

Try the script attached. All fields are editable there. For Data Rate options of 1600 and faster use the 1600 value.

Also, refer to the following community thread:

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-94917

Hope it will be helpful.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------