FRDM K66 OpenSDA

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM K66 OpenSDA

eli_hughes
Contributor V

I have a FRDM-K66 board where the open SDA interface has failed.  I think it is the issue described here:

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2016/06/26/how-to-recover-the-opensda-v2-x-bootloader/

I need to recover the bootloader.   When I go here:

OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter|NXP

The bootloader and OpenSDA applications are not available for the K66.

Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

eli_hughes
Contributor V

Thank you for all the responses.    We did reflash the bootloader but it appears that the problem maybe with the hardware.    When the K66 is plugged in,    Windows says it is not recognized.     It looks like there is some USB activity,  it is just not behaving correctly.  

We may try to swap the chip on the board.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eli.

in addition, I would also like to suggest you try Jlink OpenSDA,

SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - OpenSDA / OpenSDA V2

2016-07-06_11-21-25.jpg

So you can download Jlink Open SDA from here:

SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - Downloads - J-Link / J-Trace

pastedImage_3.png

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

shengrongwu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eli,

I will second Erich on that. FRDM-K66F has v2.1 bootloader on its OpenSDA circuit, which is the same as FRDM-K22F.

The default OpenSDA applications on FRDM-K66F is Jlink application, which you could get from www.segger.com/opensda.

I am having the web team to add FRDM-K66F to OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter|NXP

Regards,

Roy

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eli,

I don't have a FRDM-K66, so I cannot tell for sure. But it looks like it is using the same circuit and K20 as the FRDM-K22F. So I would flash the bootloader of the FRDM-K22F to the FRDM-K66.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have a FRDM-K66F and used the PEMicro DEBUG firmware that is attached for the debugger interface.

I successfully  tested it with KSDK_v2 examples for FRDM-K66F.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos