What is the part number for this NHS3100 demo board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the part number for this NHS3100 demo board?

iaingalloway
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Saw one recently that was logging temperature. IMG_20160623_140242.jpg

IMG_20160623_140236.jpg

Labels (1)
20 Replies

henkvanbroekhuy
Contributor II

20170515_094656.jpg

I love playing with the NHS3100.. here's a picture of our 3 working inkjet printed samples..

iaingalloway
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Really nice work. Are those also buttons on the design?

On the box design, are the wraparound traces meant to be decorative or functional?

0 Kudos

henkvanbroekhuy
Contributor II

bottom one is just a logger.

center one has functioning buttons as inputs and LEDs as outputs

top one has a wrap around line that functions as a seal control line.. it's glued with dots of conductive glue and will detect when the box is opened.

0 Kudos

henkvanbroekhuy
Contributor II

Hi Dries,

I'm getting "v14 1709.8" for the version.

the buttons are there and when I push is a message pops up "configuration send.. a confirmation has been requested" but then nothing happens.

Henk

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Then I propose to update the firmware and try again. The confirmation should be given immediately, without you needing to wait forever, or seconds.

Dries.

0 Kudos

henkvanbroekhuy
Contributor II

Thanks Dries,

I flashed your hex code (version 1714.11) and it works in both the NXP made demoboard as well as in my inkjet printed sample.

is the non-compiled version for this version also available for download somewhere?

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dag Henk,

Yes. The full source code of the firmware can be find in the SDK. If you go to NTAG SmartSensor Temperature Monitor|NXP, tab SOFTWARE & TOOLS, you can download the latest SDK (v10). In the zip file, the application code for the temperature logger firmware can be found under sw/nss/app_demo_dp_tlogger.

Best regards,
Dries.

0 Kudos

henkvanbroekhuy
Contributor II

Hi guys,

I've ordered the demokit and am playing around with the App but lots of times the app will not start the logging.

sometimes the 2 buttons on the configuration page are not showing up but most of the times the buttons are there but the demoboard is not acknowledging the configuration change (that starts the logging).

what am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Henk,

It may be that the demo kit you ordered contains a somewhat older firmware version. Can you check the version information that is displayed on the first screen of the Android APP when you tap the Demo PCB with your phone? A (rather old) screenshot can be found below; the version information from the NHS3100 is encircled in red.

pastedImage_3.png

Using the latest firmware version (from SDK 10) you will see 1714.11. 

To update the firmware, you can check the getting started guide inside the SDK 10, or use the instructions from the attached PDF.

Let me know when you have updated the firmware: is the behavior stable now?

Kind regards,
Dries.

0 Kudos

iaingalloway
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Would there be a (3D) STEP file of this board anywhere? I wanted to put it into a printed case for a test/demo. 

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Iain,

No, this has not been made before, but it should be possible to quickly create them yourself.

You can use these dimensions of the demo PCB in your drawing: 35.1 x 52.1 x 7.2 mm.

If you remove the JTAG connector, the maximum height is reduced to 5.2 mm; if you also remove the coin cell battery (e.g. for passive operation), the maximum height becomes 3.8 mm. Be careful with this, though, as you then also risk to inadvertently push the WAKEUP or the RESET button.

Best,
Dries.

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

This PCB is the NHS3100 Temperature Logger PCB, containing an NHS3100 HVQFN24 IC.

• 12NC of the IC: 935307303115, product type: NHS3100/A1,115
  • 12NC of the Demo PCB: 935308625598, product type : NHS3100TEMODB,598
  • 12NC of the Development kit: 935308624598, product type: NHS3100TEMOADK,598

Greetings,

uilterwitte
Contributor II

Hi, thanks for your information.

I'd like to buy one of these boards, but what is the difference between NHS3100TEMODB and NHS3100TEMOADK?

Why NXP don't provides some documentation about this boards?

I've been on NXP FTF16, even there I couldn't get any information about it.

nhs3100 NHS3100TEMODB NHS3100TEMOADK nxpftf16​

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I made a PDF available via this URL: https://nxp.box.com/v/orderingsampleskitspdf

It provides a short description for each part that can be ordered via the NXP sample store (eDemoBoards).

In short:

· The NHS3100TEMODB refers to the NHS3100 TEmperature MOnitoring Demo PCB.

· The NHS3100TEMOADK refers to the NHS3100 TEmperature MOnitoring Application Development Kit. It contains a.o. the above mentioned Demo PCB.

Greetings,

Dries.

ND2
Contributor III

Hi Dries,

I use Digikey or Arrow for buying development kits and I didn't see this kit on any of those websites. Is it possible for you to send me a link to ordering the kit? Is it available on the NXP website (and I couldn't reach it myself)?

Let me know

Thanks

Neel.

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi!

At this moment the only option is to contact a local FAE and request him/her to order what you need. I restored the link ordering_samples_kits.pdf - Box  (hadn't noticed I broke it, sorry).

An FAE near you can be found at Distributor Network|NXP 

A page with all possible information and downloads for the NHS3100 IC continues to be a "work in progress", unfortunately. Things are moving, but at a slower pace than we wished and hoped for. When available, I'll post the link here.

Best regards,
Dries.

0 Kudos

uilterwitte
Contributor II

driesmoors, thank you for your support.

It helps a lot.

Another question about this IC is the sample code. In this case, I don't be able to find any code or library for NHS3100. Temperature logger|NXP

Do you know where is the Datasheet, Reference Manual, Libraries and samples code?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Uilter,

A download of the SDK is now made available via this link: Temperature logger|NXP - check the "Software & Tools" tab.

Best regards,
Dries.

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Providing this data on the public NXP website is currently a work in progress. For now, all documentation, SDK, example code and demo applications are accessible through DocStore. More info: https://nxp.box.com/v/UMNHS3xxxDocStore

Apart from that, you can request technical information via nhs-support@nxp.com<mailto:nhs-support@nxp.com>. Business opportunities and use case discussions can be started via nhs-info@nxp.com<mailto:nhs-info@nxp.com>.

Email us, and we can help you better and start discussing in more detail.

Greetings,

Dries.

uilterwitte
Contributor II

driesmoors​, thank you for this information!

I already did the steps and I'm waiting for the activation.

If I have any doubt, I will send an e-mail to the address you mentioned.

Thanks!

0 Kudos