cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add wifi and bluetooth functionality in lpc43xx

dimitrissideris
Contributor III

Hi there!

I am about to start a project in order to build a multisensor device. The MCU I use is lpcxpresso 4367. I also want to add wifi and bluetooth functionality to this device so that i can upgrade 4367 over the air and some other stuff.

I have concluded that the modules that are best for my case and have now in my hands are esp8266ex from espressif and nrf52 from nordic. I want to put these modules in the same pcb with 4367.

Does anyone has experience connecting this kind of modules? Do u have any strategy suggestion?

I think spi is the best solution for this case but if any example or experience about this setup is out there please give a feedback!

Thanx a lot!

Dimitris

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dimitris,

We partnered with Zentri to put together this kit:

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/nxp-designs-reference-design-library/nxp-designs/lpc4...

The kit has an LPC43S67 running the wifi stack and your application. Development is done within LPCXpresso IDE, using a Zentri plug in. Zentri's software includes OTA firmware capability, and "app store" functionality. No Bluetooth in this kit, but Zentri have that capability.

0 Kudos

bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dimitri,
the easiest way to add this functionality is maybe the Broadcom solution called WICED.

This setup is implemented on various MCU and processor platforms, LPC4300 is one of them. With this package you will get a fully featured WLAN and Bluetooth solution in combination with a WLAN/Bluetooth hardware from Broadcom. There are many modules on the market integrating such a Broadcom based solution.

The downside is that it is a rather big beast and therefore maybe not easy to understand in the first step.

https://community.broadcom.com/activity?focusStatusUpdate=true

Regards,

NXP Support Team

0 Kudos