cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

target CPU does not support ARM mode

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ksvenkat on Fri Dec 14 07:29:01 MST 2012
Hello

I am using LPC-Link LPC expresso lpc1347 to debug  and I get the following message.I am using LPC expresso Version: LPCXpresso v5.0.12 [Build 1038] [2012-11-22]

make all
Building file: ../src/cr_startup_lpc13u.c
Invoking: MCU C Compiler

arm-none-eabi-gcc -D__REDLIB__ -DDEBUG -D__CODE_RED -D__USE_CMSIS=CMSISv2p10_LPC13Uxx -I"/home/krupa/workspace/CMSISv2p10_LPC13Uxx/inc" -Os -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -fno-builtin -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mcpu=cortex-m3 -MMD -MP -MF"src/cr_startup_lpc13u.d" -MT"src/cr_startup_lpc13u.d" -o "src/cr_startup_lpc13u.o" "../src/cr_startup_lpc13u.c"
../src/cr_startup_lpc13u.c:1:0: error: target CPU does not support ARM mode
make: *** [src/cr_startup_lpc13u.o] Error 1
How do I fix this issue?

best
Venkat
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wrighflyer on Sun Mar 10 13:27:55 MST 2013
You should read the getting started guide.:

File-Import-General-"Existing Projects into workspace"-Next>-archive-Browse-[something like: "C:\nxp\LPCXpresso_5.0.14_1109\lpcxpresso\Examples\NXP\LPC1000\LPC13xx\CMSISv2p00_LPC13xx.zip"]

EDIT: oh great, just found out the above is a cross-post - sorry for the noise folks.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by masterboy on Sat Mar 09 11:36:33 MST 2013
Hi,

where can I download library "CMSISv2p10_LPC13Uxx"? I bought new LPCXpresso board with LPC1347 and installed the lastest version LPCXpresso. When I create new project for LPC13xx (12-bit ADC) LPCXPresso wants to "CMSISv2p10_LPC13Uxx".
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Sat Dec 15 04:18:55 MST 2012
I've tried both building some of the supplied LPC1347 example projects and also creating new LPC1347 projects using the "LPC13xx (12bit ADC)" project wizard and don't see any problems building code.

With regards to the project that you cannot build - have you created it yourself, is it one of the supplied examples, is it an example for another MCU that you have modified, or have you obtained from somewhere else?

Can you build the LPC1347 examples that ship with LPCXpresso IDE - which can be found within the examples directory of your installation at:

\Examples\NXP\LPC1000\LPC13xx_12bitADC

[ The "12bitADC" being how NXP wished us to distinguish the 'new' LPC13's from the originals. ]

And if you create a new project using the Project Wizard on the Quickstart Panel for "LPC13xx (12bit ADC)", do these build correctly?

Regards,
CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ksvenkat on Fri Dec 14 11:50:59 MST 2012
Hello

I think the problem could be because of   the options to arm-none-eabi-gcc ..command while we build.

The options are automatically build as follows "-D__REDLIB__ -DDEBUG -D__CODE_RED -D__USE_CMSIS=CMSISv2p10_LPC13Uxx -I"/home/krupa/workspace/CMSISv2p10_LPC13Uxx/inc" -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -fno-builtin -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mcpu=cortex-m3" [We need to select the appropriate mcu arch explicitly]

However the options -mthumb is not seen. -mthumb options is automatically included in LPC expresso version 4.

How do I include this?

best
Venkat
0 Kudos