LPC 822 ISP Write to RAM echoes correctly, but OK response never received!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC 822 ISP Write to RAM echoes correctly, but OK response never received!

Jump to solution
lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by schoeler on Mon Apr 11 17:39:15 MST 2016
According to 25.6.1.4 of LPC82X_UM10800, after a command with an acceptable address, length, and count is received, the LPC will respond with CMD_SUCCESS ("0").  At this point, the host then sends a length amount of bytes, and the LPC should respond with "OK<CR><LF>".

There have been some instances of the OK<CR><LF> not occuring, but no confirmation from NXP (for example, https://www.lpcware.com/content/forum/error-isp-lpc812-lost-characters-when-sending-bytes-too-fast-l... comment 14).  This is not listed in the Errata sheet Rev 1.1. 

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Even though there is no return code, a READ from the same location returns all the values I have sent.  So I know the data is in RAM, but there just seems to be no return code, contrary to what is stated in the manual.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
andreasschnitze
Contributor II

Same here on a LPC15xx.

work around:

I verify the complete download with the ‘Read CRC checksum’ which is described in UM10736.

This could also be done with fractions on the ram address or related flash address after ‘Copy RAM to flash’.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
andreasschnitze
Contributor II

Same here on a LPC15xx.

work around:

I verify the complete download with the ‘Read CRC checksum’ which is described in UM10736.

This could also be done with fractions on the ram address or related flash address after ‘Copy RAM to flash’.

0 Kudos
lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
bump
0 Kudos