Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCP11U67 and temperature reset

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mbehlau on Fri May 22 01:32:25 MST 2015
Dear All,

I've noticed a big problem in some of my boards which are mounting LCP11U67 micros, with 48 pin. When I put them in their appropriate boxes, the heat generated (ambient temperature is around 30°C/40°C) some of the micro stopped. I'm using a watchdog, so the devices are restarted, but fails after 1-2 seconds again. After cool down, they work normally. The intern temperature sensor told me, the junction temperature is 85°C, when the problem occurred. The chip is specified for 105°C! The percentage of micro with this problem is low (2 devices from ~50 tested chips), but it is a big problem for me. If the lpc fails, the entire board, which all mounted parts, is completely worthless and can't be used in the field.

Has anyone ever noticed this problem?

Best Regards
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lix on Tue May 26 07:00:21 MST 2015
Did you find the solution to your problem? We have the same issue with the LPC11E67. If we run them at 48 MHz, they hang-up at temperatures over 75 degrees (it depends on the chip, some hang at 75, other over 80 degrees). If the clock is reduced to 36 MHz, no more hang-ups, even at 100 degrees Celsius!

Is this a known issue maybe? The errata says nothing about it.
0 Kudos