Anyone using the LPC-Link 2 with MCB1857 KEIL development board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using the LPC-Link 2 with MCB1857 KEIL development board?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jstoner on Mon Aug 11 09:37:47 MST 2014
Hello,
I Have had inductor L3 burn on two LPC-Link 2 boards while connected for debug to a KEIL MCB1857 development board.  It will happen at a seemingly random time while the debugger is connected.  Everything works fine until that point.  Has anyone else using this configuration had the same problem or other issues?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jstoner on Mon Aug 11 15:54:28 MST 2014
Thanks for the response.

When the failure occured it was being powered by two independent USB cables (one for the LPC-Link2 and one for the MCB1857).  I'm certain JP2 was not installed on the most recent failure, but I am not sure about the first one.  We have been using the LPC-Link2 with no problems on a smaller dev board (in JP2 and non-JP2 configurations). We will make sure going forward that no one is installing JP2 while connected to the MCB1857.  We'll keep an eye on it and see if it happens again.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Mon Aug 11 12:46:59 MST 2014
How are you powering your MCB1857 board? I certainly wouldn't recommend powering from the LPC-Link2, if that is what you are doing. i.e. ensure that JP2 is not jumpered. Only use LPC-Link2 to power small/simple boards with minimal power requirements; certainly don't use it to power complex boards with LCDs.

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos