Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDA1380 I2S - registers coniguration

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by paavo91 on Wed Nov 26 04:09:25 MST 2014
Hi everyone!

I have lpc4088 and UDA1380 codec and want to initiate some audio. Could anyone tell me which registers I need to set to transfer audio from line-in to MCU and put it back do headphones out? I tried to run example from lpc-open but it doesn't work.

I changed pin configuration for I2C and I2S in board_sysinit.c to correct pins and nothing works.

It only works if I set EN_AVC bit in UDA1380 but I thinks it is only audio mixer and it connect input with output so I can hear sound.

I need to know which registers have to be set to run everything correctly. Then I start look for problems with my I2S config in LPC4088.

Thanks in advance!
P

Original Attachment has been moved to: uda1380.c.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: i2s.c.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: uda1380.h.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

emilio_moretti
Contributor II

Hi, for anyone looking at this post, I found the reply in a different post and I can't find it now, so I'll explain it here (this is the first post that pops out in google)

You need to setup i2s FIRST, make sure there is a clock working, even wait a couple milliseconds, and THEN you configure and initialize the module through L3 or i2c.

Configuration steps:

1. Initialize I2S
  2. Start I2S. Make sure all clocks are working: sck and ws signals. mclk only if you use it (only if you use it!)
  3. Wait a couple milliseconds
  4. Send the I2C commands to configure and initialize the UDA1380

Sending the commands without the clocks will be rejected by UDA1380, and you will get values different from the expected when you read the registers.

Good luck.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by paavo91 on Sun Dec 14 08:35:53 MST 2014
Any topic here cant help me enough  :(

Please look on my attachment. This is UDA1380 library, I have problem in Uda1380_Init function. I cant change many register, especially master mute 0x13. Function always return something so I know that I have problem with register. In addition if I read register 0x13 after reset I got value differs from default lik in datasheet.

What is going on? Could anybody help me? Thanks

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Wed Nov 26 04:41:44 MST 2014
Searching this site (the orange search box in the top right corner) for UDA1380 shows lots of topics that may be able to help you...
0 Kudos