Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 SPI NOR Boot  (ECSPI-5)

Jump to solution
shamiksaha
Contributor II

Hi guys,

I have designed a custom i.MX6 board based on Sabre-AI board and am planning to bootup from SPI NOR Flash.

I have run the DDR Stress test and updated the calibration details in my u-boot file and I am able to boot the board if I dump the file in RAM using BOOTSTRAP of the Freescale Manufacturing tool.

But I am not able to flash the boot loader into SPI Flash. Neither using Manufacturing tool or from u-boot. I have my SPI Flash on ECSPI-5 CS-0.

I have attached the circuit schematics, U-boot file and the log from the u-boot. Also attached is my ucl2.xml file.

Kindly point out what I am doing wrong and guide me how to flash the u-boot file into SPI Flash.

Flash used is: Micron N25Q512A83GSFA0.

Original Attachment has been moved to: U-Boot-Log.log.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: mx6q_vgsc_spinor.c.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: ucl2.xml.zip

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shamik

one can add ECSPI-5 support to uboot/board/freescale/mx6q_sabreauto/

mx6q_sabreauto.c (spi_get_cfg()) and use sf probe 4 in uboot.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shamik

one can add ECSPI-5 support to uboot/board/freescale/mx6q_sabreauto/

mx6q_sabreauto.c (spi_get_cfg()) and use sf probe 4 in uboot.

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
shamiksaha
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

We are using i.MX6 Quad with Micron N25Q512A83GSFA0 (64 MB SPI NOR Flash)

With the suggested modification I could detect the SPI-NOR Flash.

JEDEC ID is displayed every time I probe the SPI Bus however, now I am not able to write anything in it. Whenever I try to write the uboot console says “SUCCESS” but when I read back the location it stays “0xFF”.

I have attached the U-Boot log of trying to write 0x10 locations with data (0xAABBCCDD) and read back from the location.

Kindly guide me what to do next.

0 Kudos