cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connect() error in user guide

Jump to solution
emanueletrapani
Contributor III

hi, i work on mqx 4.2, CW 10.6 and frdmk64f.

in the RTCS user guide, connect() function description, i read that :

"When used with stream sockets, the function fails if the remote endpoint:

• Is unreachable, which causes the connection timeout to expire."

when i use connect() function if the remote endpoint is unreachable, the function return when the connect timeout expires but return RTCS_OK. so it seem that the function not fails.

it is correct? how can i understand that the connect fail if the socket are not connect and the function return RTCS_OK?

thanks

ps: it return RTCS_OK also if my application is just one task with just one socket that try cyclically to connect to an inexistent server.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Emanuale,

you are right, I was able to reproduce this and it is not the expected behavior. I created a report and submitted to MQX development team. Report number is MQX-5682

meanwhile you can workaround this by activating a watchdog timer that expires before connect timeout. If the connect function is still trying to connect before a considerable time you may kill the task.

Best regards,

Carlos

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Emanuale,

you are right, I was able to reproduce this and it is not the expected behavior. I created a report and submitted to MQX development team. Report number is MQX-5682

meanwhile you can workaround this by activating a watchdog timer that expires before connect timeout. If the connect function is still trying to connect before a considerable time you may kill the task.

Best regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos
emanueletrapani
Contributor III

thanks Carlos.

i use a similar workaround.

0 Kudos