cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS Testing on IMX6qsabresd board

sachusanal
Contributor III

Hi All,

I have IMX6qsabresd board  with me , I have flashed android prebuilt lollipop android image on board. In board have GPS module and GPS antenna . how can i check if GPS module is working on my board /not?

please help me

awaiting your favourable reply

Regards

Sachu

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sachu

attached Android Release Notes sect.4 Features shows what is supported.

The GPS is connected via a serial port connection. No need for special drivers, but

for an application to read the port. The GPS looks like it sends a serial stream in NMEA

format on pin 30 (TX).  The databook for the AH-1613 from Locosys shows the pinouts.

NMEA formats can be parsed for information.  There are a lot of NMEA-0183

information sources. You can start with NMEA 0183 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or use the info provided in the databook for the AH-1613.

As for how to get Android to read it.  Write an application that uses location services,

and include the ability to parse NMEA sentences.

GpsStatus.NmeaListener | Android Developers

How to include location services.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1513485/how-do-i-get-the-current-gps-location-programmatically-in...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18978271/how-to-read-gps-data-and-accelerometer-data-in-one-activ...

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sachusanal
Contributor III

Dear Igor ,

Thanks for the response.

i developed one  android application by using nmea listener function. i here by attach the same test project with this reply.

This application worked fine in Genymotion . Reading the GPS details.

while flashing the application on IMX6q sabresd p board the apk is crashed. the log shows GPS device doesnot exist.

I already on the GPS device with GPS device only mode.

Could you please help me to solve this issue.

Awaiting your favouravle reply

Regars

Sachu

0 Kudos