cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Ubuntu Version to use for Yocto

w2vy
Contributor V

I read in the Yocto project user's guide:

The recommended minimum Ubuntu version is 14.04 but builds for dizzy works on 12.04 or later.

I have a machine that I have been running 15.10 on and I got some link errors.

It makes me want to ask what is the "RECOMMENDED Version"?

I can understand if 15.10 is too bleeding edge, but the only other option is 14.04 LTS

Suggestions?

Tom

Here is a snapshot of the errors I am getting (if 15.10 is fine, then I should start a new thread to talk about these errors)

(I am building for the imx6UL)

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_set_error_from_message@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_watch_get_enabled@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_connection_close@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_connection_read_write_dispatch@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_watch_set_data@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_message_get_args@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_connection_set_timeout_functions@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_message_iter_append_basic@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_bus_get_private@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_connection_send@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_timeout_get_interval@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_message_iter_open_container@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_watch_get_unix_fd@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_message_iter_get_signature@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpulse.so.0: undefined reference to `dbus_error_free@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_pending_call_unref@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_timeout_set_data@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_bus_remove_match@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_connection_set_watch_functions@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_watch_get_data@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_message_append_args@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_message_iter_recurse@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_message_iter_get_fixed_array@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_type_is_basic@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_watch_get_flags@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_message_unref@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_message_get_signature@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_watch_handle@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_pending_call_cancel@LIBDBUS_1_3'

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
3 Replies

ed_swarthout
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This is an issue with the native qemu build with libsdl on 15.10.  See: yocto bug: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8553

The VNC version of qemu is fine for me, so I removed the qemu sdl lines from local.conf.

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Tom Moulton,

I usually work with Yocto on Ubuntu 12.04 which is the oldest recommended version and haven’t got any trouble but as 79 RPM mentioned, 14.04 is the recommended version for the latest Yocto BSPs. I would recommend using 14.04 which should work fine with all current BSP releases.

CodeWarrior4_2M
Contributor II

I had the same issue with a 15.x version of LUbuntu that I have on my virtual machine. I went back to 14.04 and it worked perfectly.