AnsweredAssumed Answered

Best Ubuntu Version to use for Yocto

Question asked by Tom Moulton on Nov 24, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 17, 2016 by Ed Swarthout

I read in the Yocto project user's guide:

The recommended minimum Ubuntu version is 14.04 but builds for dizzy works on 12.04 or later.

I have a machine that I have been running 15.10 on and I got some link errors.

It makes me want to ask what is the "RECOMMENDED Version"?

I can understand if 15.10 is too bleeding edge, but the only other option is 14.04 LTS

Suggestions?

Tom

Here is a snapshot of the errors I am getting (if 15.10 is fine, then I should start a new thread to talk about these errors)

(I am building for the imx6UL)

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_set_error_from_message@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_watch_get_enabled@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_connection_close@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_connection_read_write_dispatch@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_watch_set_data@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_message_get_args@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_connection_set_timeout_functions@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_message_iter_append_basic@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_bus_get_private@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_connection_send@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_timeout_get_interval@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_message_iter_open_container@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_watch_get_unix_fd@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_message_iter_get_signature@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpulse.so.0: undefined reference to `dbus_error_free@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_pending_call_unref@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_timeout_set_data@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_bus_remove_match@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_connection_set_watch_functions@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_watch_get_data@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_message_append_args@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_message_iter_recurse@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_message_iter_get_fixed_array@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_type_is_basic@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_watch_get_flags@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_message_unref@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_message_get_signature@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_watch_handle@LIBDBUS_1_3'

| /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.so: undefined reference to `dbus_pending_call_cancel@LIBDBUS_1_3'

Outcomes