cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K70, KSDK

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi,

I want to use Kinetis K series MCU with extended SDRAM and Flash because my application requires more on these.

It looks that K70 series MCU has this kind of capability. But, K70 MCU is not supported by KSDK yet.

1) Which MCU should I use for my application?

2) When will KSDK support K70?

Thanks,

Christie

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christie,

1) Please, take a look at ARM Cortex-M4 Cores|Kinetis K6x MCUs|Freescale

There is NAND Flash Controller and DDR Controller as well (and SDRAM Controller).

K60BD.jpg

you can also take a look at Freescale Product Selector and Kinetis K Selector Guide

2) Unfortunately, there are no plans for K70 in future KSDK. But you can take a look at classic MQX examples, Freescale MQX™ Software Solutions|Freescale

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Iva

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

melissa_hunter
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christie,

To expand upon Iva's reply, I think you should look at the K66 or K65 devices. These devices offer an SDRAM controller for memory expansion, and they are supported by the KSDK.

Regards,

Melissa

0 Kudos