cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROM allocation exceed-MC9RS08LA8

Jump to solution
karunanithiprat
Contributor II

Hi,  i am using MC9RS08LA8(code warrior ver-6.3) and my current code size is 7990 bytes and i can go up to 8050 bytes( maximum ROM size is 8KB and some space is allocated to constant table) . when i add

32 bit division it showing ROM is out of allocated size.  The 32 bit division is given below ,

signed int long  Data=0;

//here i'll get 32bit data from serial port

Data=Data/1000l;// when i remove this line the code can be compiled and when i add this line the ROM overflow occurs.

help me to solve this.

Thanks,

Labels (1)
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

thank you for contacting us.

in 8bit MCU,  long int computation is very memory consuming.

Data=Data/1000l takes around 420bytes.

so i don't think your project have enough memory for it.

optimization for code size can reduce some code size, but the reduction is quite limit according to my experience.

pastedImage_0.png

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

can you upload your project here so that i can reproduce it directly on my side?

karunanithiprat
Contributor II

Ok, how do i send my file?

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

thank you for contacting us.

in 8bit MCU,  long int computation is very memory consuming.

Data=Data/1000l takes around 420bytes.

so i don't think your project have enough memory for it.

optimization for code size can reduce some code size, but the reduction is quite limit according to my experience.

pastedImage_0.png

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

karunanithiprat
Contributor II

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
karunanithiprat
Contributor II

Hi,

I can compile code but when i press debug . it showing the ROM is out of allocation and when i compile i cant get the output file (i.e.*.abs).

to get the *.abs file how to do compile.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are welcome!

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

0 Kudos