AnsweredAssumed Answered

Yocto and Android 5.0

Question asked by Andy Ho on Aug 4, 2015
Latest reply on May 5, 2016 by bordon kuo

Hi,
We are now using iMx6Q SDB and ready to porting the android 5.0 bsp to new our new hardware (EMMC boot).

The android 5.0_1.0.0 BSP can be built and download into SDB EMMC successfully, but it fail to download into our hardware

The only difference are the MMC port and DDR, the DDR has tuned to pass DDR stress test, the parameter has been apply into uboot of android BSP, and MFGtool emmc number has been changed.

After some research, I think I should rebuild the ram image in the MFGtool by using Yocto, because the RAM parameters and Uboot parameter and kernel need to be modified, I choose Yocto-3.14.28-1.0.0, I follow the user guides, the ram images can be built by using fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs only "once", after modify the code, only initramfs.cpioxxxxx can be built our by running same command again.

So my questions are:

1. Can/should I use Yocto to build mfgtool uboot/kernel/rootfsto replace ram images under MFGtool for android 5.0?

2. Why fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs can't build out uboot,kernel automatically again?even add -f, -clean , -cleanstate, besides -cleanall, How to build all using fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs after modify codes? Some post suggest to use yocto to make a toolchain for manually build, but it is hard because you don't know what actions is performed by Yocto.

3. If I need build uboot manually, is it true the bitbake u-boot-mfgtool build the same u-boot as running fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs?

4. If I need build kernel manually, Unlike Yocto user guide said, there is no linux-imx-mfgtool, so can't to bitbake, you can find several simular name of mfgtool kernels ( linux-mfgtool, mfgtool-linux-imx, linux-imx....etc), which one is correct for MFGtool andorid5?

5  If I need build rootfs manually, each time run fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs, a new set of ramfs and zimages files are created, how to clean those old files/binaries before rebuild, including uboot and kernel, like clean build?
6. Since fsl-image-mfgtool only build all when first build, I don't know whether the updated version of initramfs will be created after I rebuild kernel?

Thanks to anyone look or answer those questions.

Outcomes