Now Available: IEEE 1588 (Precision Time Protocol) for MQX RTOS v4.2
We are pleased to announce the availability of a software patch for MQX RTOS v4.2 that enables IEEE 1588 capabilities for precise network timing and synchronization.
Installers for Windows and Linux are available.
The patch includes an evaluation-only library from IXXAT which provides a full implementation of the IEEE 1588 version 2 (a.k.a. IEEE 1588-2008) standard. See license agreement for the IXXAT library in the extracted files at C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\doc\mqx1588\. Contact IXXAT for commercial licensing options.
How to Get Started
1. Go to www.freescale.com/mqxrtos
2. Click Download
3. Log in with your Freescale.com account (or create a new account).
4. Under MQX Enablement Software, click MQX RTOS v4.2 releases and patches
5. You need to have MQX RTOS v4.2 installed before you install the 1588 patch. If you already have MQX v4.2, then skip this step. If you do not have MQX 4.2, then download and install. Choose the correct file for your operating system (Windows or Linux supported).
7. On Windows, run the installer executable. The installer extracts the files to the base installation of MQX 4.2 (typically C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\ on Windows systems). For Linux, extract the file contents over the MQX RTOS v4.2 base installation.
8. The 1588 build files, examples, and source code can be found at C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\mqx1588\
9. The 1588 documentation can be found at C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\doc\mqx1588\. Read the User’s Guide to continue!
Best of luck with your next embedded products.
Freescale Software Product Manager