cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX23 Unencrypted Boot

paolomartinetti
Contributor I

Hi everybody,

I would like to write the key in IMX233 OTP registers, and support unencrypted boot.

I have used BitBurner to blow ENABLE_UNENCRYPTED_BOOT and to write the four key registers.

After update (which installs UNENCRYPTED linux image and expands UNENCRYPTED root file system) the system is unable to boot,

emitting error '0x80501006' error (Key dictionary lookup failed).

What does it mean?

Any suggestion?

Thanks in Advance

Paolo

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

"  In default build, the '-z' option is passed to the elftosb utility and a default zero key is

added to the boot image. It is because the default zero key does not match with the
CRYPTO_KEY OTP fuses on your device, this firmware will not boot.

After ENABLE_UNENCRYPTED_BOOT fuse is blown, the ROM expects an image either is encrypted
with a correct crypto key or not encrypted by any key. Thus both encrypted/unencrypted images are

valid to boot when this fuse is blown.

To generate an unencrypted image, please remove the "-z" option [...] of elftosb."

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos