PE Generate code SPI SM1_ReceiveBlock not work

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PE Generate code SPI SM1_ReceiveBlock not work

rabbitz
Contributor I

When master SPI read data from slave SPI, the master will generate SPI CLK/PCS Low, the slave will clock data out from Sout.

I use SM1_ReceiveBlock() to read data from slave, there is no SPI CLK out from master, and it doesn't go the the PE_ISR(SM1_Interrupt).

I check SM1_SendBlock(), it works. There is "SPI_PDD_EnableDmasInterrupts(SPI0_BASE_PTR, SPI_PDD_TX_FIFO_FILL_INT_DMA);" .

In function "SM1_ReceiveBlock()", should add "SPI_PDD_EnableDmasInterrupts(SPI0_BASE_PTR, SPI_PDD_RX_FIFO_DRAIN_INT_DMA); " ?

Also, what is the proper way to generate SPI CLK during read data from slave?

Regards

Sam

0 Kudos
3 Replies

adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I am not sure if you are using interrupt service or not, anyway please check the attached document in the typical usage section to see how the SPI_Master component is used.

Basically you need to write the following:

SM1_ReceiveBlock(MySPIPtr, InpData, BLOCK_SIZE); /* Request data block reception this is used to tell the driver how many bytes will be received and where they will be stored*/

SM1_SendBlock(MySPIPtr, OutData, BLOCK_SIZE); /*To provide clock for slave, master sends anything that is as long as

expected answer from slave. length(msgDummy) = length(msgSlave) Outdata can be 0x00 or 0xFF commonly */

/* Master waits for data from slave */

while (SM1_GetBlockReceivedStatus(masterDevData) == FALSE) ;

Hope this information can help you

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

rabbitz
Contributor I

Hi Adrian,

It still require to enable the SPI Rx interrupt,

Here is my code, it works now.

SPI_PDD_EnableDmasInterrupts(SPI0_BASE_PTR, SPI_PDD_RX_FIFO_DRAIN_INT_DMA); /* Enable RX interrupt */

SM1_ReceiveBlock(spiMasterDevData, &RxData[0], 2);

SM1_SendBlock(spiMasterDevData, &CMDData[0], 2);

Regards

Sam

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sam,

After you add the component "SPIMster_LDD" , you can refer to the Typical Usage .

pastedImage_0.png

there have two demo , with interrupt and without , it show how to configure and use the SPI.

IF it still have not meet your demand, please tell me your chip .

Have a great day,
Alice

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos