help with microcontroller

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with microcontroller

nikivendola
Contributor III

Hi, I'm an engineering student, I need a hand to learn to progrmmare a microcontroller. Someone can support?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello niki vendol,

I can recommend you start with KSDK and start with common MCU (e.g. frdm-k64f) - supporting devices for KSDK you find at Release Note at C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\doc

The Kinetis software development kit (SDK) is an extensive suite of robust peripheral drivers, stacks, middleware and example applications designed to simplify and accelerate application development on any Kinetis MCU.

The addition of Processor Expert technology for software and board support configuration provides unmatched ease of use and flexibility.

The Kinetis SDK is complimentary and includes full source code under a permissive open-source license for all hardware abstraction and peripheral driver software.

KSDK is offered for free, and support for it is provided through the Kinetis Software Development Kit (SDK) Community Forum.

We expected in 2-3 days new version KSDK 1.2. so it is better to wait and work with the newest version.

You can download it from websites Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|Freescale

After installation, please go to folder C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\doc there is a lot of documentation which can help you start with programming MCUs.

Getting Started with Kinetis SDK (KSDK).pdf is document which you should start.

I think the best way is to try demos, which KSDK offeres.

You can find it e.g. C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\apps\frdmk64f\demos

with documentation Kinetis SDK v.1.2 Demo Applications User's Guide_review.pdf or at C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\doc\Kinetis SDK v.1.2 Demo Applications User's Guide is html page.

Does it helps you?

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos