Task/recipe to include kernel source in SDK?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task/recipe to include kernel source in SDK?

chrgrff1
Contributor II

Good morning,

I have a program (user space, not a kernel module) which needs to include <linux/mxcfb.h>, but the kernel headers are not installed with the SDK when I run "bitbake -c populate_sdk my_image". Is there a task or bbclass or something I'm missing which will install the kernel headers so the SDK can find them?

Only the sanitized libc headers are in /usr/include.

My tmp/sysroot directory *does* have kernel source installed at /usr/src/kernel, which is fine, but they're not getting picked up in the SDK sysroot.

I can always add an install_append step but that's a little kludgy when it seems like there should be a built-in way to do this.

Labels (3)
3 Replies

chrgrff1
Contributor II

OK, I was making it too difficult. I just created a new -image-sdk.bb and added IMAGE_INSTALL += " kernel-dev " and that did the trick. I'm still not sure why that didn't get picked up along with the rest of the -dev packages but that's a problem for another day.

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

If I understand correctly you would need to add it on the recipe if you depend on the sources.

do_configure[depends] += "virtual/kernel:do_shared_workdir"

Please let us know if this helps.

chrgrff1
Contributor II

Hi gusarambula,

I see, that certainly looks like a good answer if you're on master. We're pegged to Dizzy right now, so unfortunately the do_shared_workdir task isn't available to us.

I think I'll poke through the source for the populate_sdk task and try to find why /usr/src/kernel is in my tmp/sysroots but not the SDK sysroot.

Thanks for the hint.

0 Kudos