Why doesn't the TWR-K24F120M support real-time (ETM) trace?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't the TWR-K24F120M support real-time (ETM) trace?

Jump to solution
DaveTonyCook
Contributor IV

Hi All,

Our project is  based on the MK24FN1M0 and whilst waiting for the custom hardware to arrive from the Hardware guys we are developing with the TWR-K24F120M.  We are using the IAR toolchain, C-Spy debugger and I-Jet Trace probe, however we can not evaluate the real-time trace facility provided by the I-Jet Trace probe as the trace lines on the MCU have not been brought out to the connector.  Was this an oversight?  And are there any plans to provide support for real-time trace in the future as I'm sure that I'm not the only one who thinks this would be useful.

Does anyone know if any of the other Tower boards support full ETM Trace?

Thanks

Dave Cook

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DaveTonyCook
Contributor IV

For anyone who might be interested I received this response from freescale:

Answer to your questions:

Q1. Are there any plans to provide support for real-time trace in the future as I'm sure that I'm not the only one who thinks this would be useful.

>> Sorry we do not have any plan for this.

Q2. Is there another tower board that support full ETM Trace?

>> Yes, for the full ETM trace function, you may turn to K70 tower board.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DaveTonyCook
Contributor IV

I have now found that the K64 and K60 support Trace also, however, there are some issues that you need to be aware of:

1. K64 code examples from both IAR and Freescale assign the wrong port in sysinit.c PTA6,alt7 instead of PTE0,alt5

2. The schematics showing port assignment for TRACECLOCKOUT are correct whilst the Tower user manual for the K64 is incorrect

3. The Kxx.dmac file supplied by IAR is has bugs for the K24 and K64 and most likely others

The links below have more detailed info:-

How to Enable Kinetis Trace

K60 Keil ETM Tracing

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
DaveTonyCook
Contributor IV

For anyone who might be interested I received this response from freescale:

Answer to your questions:

Q1. Are there any plans to provide support for real-time trace in the future as I'm sure that I'm not the only one who thinks this would be useful.

>> Sorry we do not have any plan for this.

Q2. Is there another tower board that support full ETM Trace?

>> Yes, for the full ETM trace function, you may turn to K70 tower board.

0 Kudos