cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKE02Z64VLC4 start problem

Jump to solution
mariano268
Contributor I

I´m using FRDM-KE02Z to program and debug an external board with a MKE02Z64VLC4. During de debugging in Codewarrior 10.6, always works fine. But when i try to power on the external board alone (without the debugger connected), nothing happen, the microcontroller does not start. I tried to connet the RESET pin to Vdd, GND, with capacitor and nothing. I don´t know what else to try. Something wrong with the internal oscilator? but it start correctly when the debugger is conected. I need your Help please. Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution
davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

I had a similar problem under Codewarrior, the problem I had was in the project settings I had I/O support set for "debugger console" in the project options.  It would not work unless the debugger was connected.  Try making a new project with I/O support set for UART or none.  Reset is active low, so it should be pulled high.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
mariano268
Contributor I

Thank you very much for the replies. He had already solved the issue exactly as David says. The problem was that the project as a "debugger". Must be as UART or NONE to boot without the debugger.

0 Kudos
davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

I had a similar problem under Codewarrior, the problem I had was in the project settings I had I/O support set for "debugger console" in the project options.  It would not work unless the debugger was connected.  Try making a new project with I/O support set for UART or none.  Reset is active low, so it should be pulled high.

Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Marco

Please check if you download code into flash of KE02. If you debug chip in RAM, MCU will not run after you remove debug tools. Thanks.

Best Regards

Paul