MCF54418 Use 8bit NAND falsh

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCF54418 Use 8bit NAND falsh

eric_wu
Contributor I

We now use a board based on MCF54418,and its circuit is the same as development board(TWR-MCF5441x (700-26131))bought from freescale。The NAND flash is 16bit IC MT29F2G16AADWP . But now,we want change NAND flash to 8bit MT29F2G08ABAEAWP‐IT because of its lifecycle. My question is what should be change with the Program?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eric,

We support an 8-bit wide NAND flash in TWRMPC5125 BSP with the same Freescale MQX NAND flash driver. So the driver, in general, can work with an 8-bit flash. It’s just a task of proper configuration of the MCU (pins, NFC module) according to your specific NAND flash device. I think you can follow the configuration NANDFLASH_INIT_STRUCT and NANDFLASH_INFO_STRUCT that is provided with the twrmpc5125 BSP as an example. Double check the configuration of pin functions, and reflect the difference between the NAND flash device used on TWR-MPC5125 (c:\Freescale\Freescale

MQX 3.x\mqx\source\io\nandflash\nand_devices\MT29F32G08.c) and your’s.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

eric_wu
Contributor I

Dear Sol:

MT29F2G16AADWP is well used on our board.Some days ago i have tried to change it to MT29F2G08AADWP which only has a difference of bit wide(8bit & 16bit). About the code , i have just change "#define MT29F2G16_WIDTH                   16" to "8" in MT29F2G16.c as below. But it does not work.

So I am very confused for a long time. Is there anything else should be change?

001.PNG.png

0 Kudos