cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKL43Z supported?

Jump to solution
enchanter
Contributor I

Does Kinetis Design Studio support the MKL43Z processor? I have a FRDM-KL43Z board and KDS 1.1.1 with all the updates. When creating a new project, the only MKL4x processor listed is the MKL46Z.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello enchanter:

Support for new devices is included with the Kinetis SDK installation packages (www.freescale.com/ksdk). I attached a guide to install this support, if you have doubts let me know.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello enchanter:

Support for new devices is included with the Kinetis SDK installation packages (www.freescale.com/ksdk). I attached a guide to install this support, if you have doubts let me know.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
martinsumega
Contributor I

Hi, I have board FRDM KL43z and I want to install support for KL43z into mi KDS according to the instruction in Eclipse_KSDK_Update.pdf from Jorge_Gonzales, but in last step in one fifth of the installation process it makes the error which is in picture.KDS_error.png

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Martin:

Can you let us know the Kinetis Design Studio (KDS) version?

Those instructions were for older versions of KDS and KSDK. I recommend you to install the latest versions of both, which now are KDS v3.0.0 and KSDK v1.2.0. Here are the links to the product pages:

Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development |Freescale

Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|Freescale

Once KSDK v1.2 is installed, follow the instructions in the pdf to install the Eclipse Update in KDS v3.0.0.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

enchanter
Contributor I

Thanks, Jorge!

0 Kudos