CW 10.6 Kinetis - "incompatible implicit declaration" of all math.h functions?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 10.6 Kinetis - "incompatible implicit declaration" of all math.h functions?

dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

I've run into this previously on an earlier project, but it was easy to patch over because there was exactly one math reference.  This project is chock full of them, so I need to nip this in the bud.

Quite simply, it seems that #include <math.h> isn't doing any good, because the compiler isn't seeing any prototypes, and I'm getting a ton of messages like this:

../Sources/CalcLib/calcDenVisc.c: In function 'calcViscosity'

../Sources/CalcLib/calcDenVisc.c:81:9: warning: implicit declaration of function 'exp' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

../Sources/CalcLib/calcDenVisc.c: In function 'calcDensity':

../Sources/CalcLib/calcDenVisc.c:169:9: warning: implicit declaration of function 'pow' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

../Sources/CalcLib/calcDenVisc.c:176:9: warning: implicit declaration of function 'sqrt' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

../Sources/CalcLib/calcDenVisc.c:200:19: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'pow' [enabled by default]

../Sources/CalcLib/calcFlow.c: In function 'calcFlow':

../Sources/CalcLib/calcFlow.c:59:9: warning: implicit declaration of function 'fabs' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

../Sources/CalcLib/calcFlow.c:155:7: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'fabs' [enabled by default]

../Sources/CalcLib/calcFlow.c: In function 'updateHiResTot':

../Sources/CalcLib/calcFlow.c:233:7: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'fabs' [enabled by default]

../Sources/CalcLib/calcSupport.c: In function 'calcHdlr_doCalcStep':

../Sources/CalcLib/calcSupport.c:249:17: warning: implicit declaration of function 'sqrt' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

../Sources/CalcLib/calcSupport.c:258:17: warning: implicit declaration of function 'fabs' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

I'm running CW for MCU 10.6, with MQX v4.1.1 (had this issue with an MQX 4.0 project, too), compiling for a K20 120MHz target.  This is the only system library that I seem to have issues with.  Is there some special preprocessor define that I need to set in my project?  (I have _EWL_C99=1 and __VFPV4__=1 defined in the preprocessor.)

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

David,

I've performed some tests on my side with a Hello project wizard example based on MCU v10.6 + MQX V4.1.1.

The math.h as other libraries are defined in the EWL lib.

By default the MQX project is using/including the EWL library but the options below is not selected..

- this is the cause of the warning -

In fact if you include the #include <math.h>, the function fabs() for instance will not be resolved if the EWL is not enabled.

pastedImage_0.png

this option will add a command line instruction when the compiler is called: -specs=ewl_c_hosted.specs (in this configuration).

Now the math.h file will be really used to solve the math functions.

This is working for my example.

Have a great day,
Pascal Irrle

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello David,

I will contact MQX colleague.

Keep you informed.

Have a great day,
Pascal Irrle

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos