cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6q support switch PCIe????

johnmartin
Contributor I

Hello,

I am working with IMX6Q-SDP and I need more than one pcie port.

For solve it, I have found a hardware from Texas, XIO3130. This is a smart device and it doesnt need to control any signal

The Texas Instruments XIO3130 switch is a PCI Express ×1 3-port fanout switch. The XIO3130 provides a single ×1 upstream port supporting full 250-MB/s packet throughput in each direction simultaneously. Three independently configurable ×1 downstream ports are provided that also support full 250-MB/s packet throughput in each direction simultaneously.

But I suppose that pcie port of i.MX6 expected an endpoint and not a switch packet. I have read that PCIe driver get a NULL pointer for that ( it is not a endpoint )  and fail to load driver.

In my case, it doesnot work. If I connect other device, like ethernet card, it works fine.

I use kernel from linux-2.6-imx.git ( imx_3.10.17_1.0.1_ga ).

By other hand, I have seen several of  MULTIPLEXER/DEMULTIPLEXER PCI EXPRESS SWITCH, but this kind of device need a driver to handle signal control.

More difficult to implement it???

Could anybody have any experience with this kind of device?

Thanks a lot.

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello John,

I asked R&D team on this question, haredware and BSP both support PCIe switch,  we have tested PCIe switch in imx_3.10.17, please refter to this link:

https://community.freescale.com/thread/324940,   it should be helpful for you.

In addtion, I checked datasheet of XIO3130, a firmware in EEPROM should be needed to initialize XIO3130 before working, so please check if there exists the firmware in EEPROM.

Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos