AnsweredAssumed Answered

usb 4.1.1 MSD example for KL25Z - Disk does not format - No drive data

Question asked by mjg8t on Aug 28, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 5, 2014 by mjg8t

Hi There,

I am trying to better understand the USB stack and wanted to work with some prebuilt applications to best understand the stack.  In the end I need to have MSD and CDC so I am looking at the individual MSD project from the 4.1.1 examples library. "Freescale USB Stack v4.1.1\Source\Device\app\msd\cw10\kinetis_l2k"  .  The project was built for the tower board, but it seems that it should run on the FRDM-KL25Z board with no problems as only LEDs/SW, which don't acutall do anything in the application (kbi_stat is set with the values of switches, but is never read in the application)- it appears to be left over code from the HID demo or some other.  I have disabled any possible conflicting IO states by disabling the sw/led io initializaition and let the USB code run as normal.

When running the code the drive appears, but it cannot be formatted and the system hangs when trying to open it (MSD not working correctly).  The USBUG states that the drive should be able to formatted and then opened.

Any ideas?  Very difficult to create an application with the examples don't work.....  If I'm doing something wrong I'm happy to hear about it. 

Thanks.

Outcomes