Problem with build_gcc_arm.sh script (echo)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with build_gcc_arm.sh script (echo)

gaetancarlier
Contributor I

Hello,

I working under Slackware 13 (terminal shell used is bash not dash)

I have just downloaded MQX 4.1.1 for Linux. I have downloaded gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_8-2014q1-20140314-linux.tar.bz2 form https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded/4.8/4.8-2014-q1-update .

I have modified MQX_4_1_1_LINUX_GA/build/common/make/global.mak as following

ifeq ($(TOOL),gcc_arm)

#TOOLCHAIN_ROOTDIR = C:/PROGRA~1/GNUTOO~1/43F2B~1.720

TOOLCHAIN_ROOTDIR = /opt/cross/arm/kinetis/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_8_3-2014q1

endif

When I compile, I have following message

$ cd MQX_4_1_1_LINUX_GA/build/twrk70f120m/make

$ ./build_gcc_arm.sh

./build_gcc_arm.sh: line 5: creating: command not found

I suppose that problem come from global.mak

#----------------------------------------------------------

# macro, print message

# $(1) - message

#----------------------------------------------------------

ifeq ($(HOSTENV),WINDOWS)

PRINT = $(if $(1),@echo $(1),@cmd /C "@echo:")

endif

ifeq ($(HOSTENV),UNIX)

PRINT = @echo $(1)

endif

If I remove the @ before echo, I have all echo in one line (see mqx411b.log) :

echo echo echo 'creating directory : /root/documents/projects/kinetis/mqx-4.1/MQX_4_1_1_LINUX_GA/lib/twrk70f120m.gcc_arm/debug/bsp' echo 'creating directory : /root/documents/projects/kinetis/mqx-4.1/MQX_4_1_1_LINUX_GA/lib/twrk70f120m.gcc_arm/debug/bsp/obj' echo 'creating directory : /root/documents/projects/kinetis/mqx-4.1/MQX_4_1_1_LINUX_GA/lib/twrk70f120m.gcc_arm/debug/bsp/dep' creating directory : /root/documents/projects/kinetis/mqx-4.1/MQX_4_1_1_LINUX_GA/lib/twrk70f120m.gcc_arm/debug/bsp creating directory : /root/documents/projects/kinetis/mqx-4.1/MQX_4_1_1_LINUX_GA/lib/twrk70f120m.gcc_arm/debug/bsp/obj creating directory : /root/documents/projects/kinetis/mqx-4.1/MQX_4_1_1_LINUX_GA/lib/twrk70f120m.gcc_arm/debug/bsp/dep mkdir -p /root/documents/projects/kinetis/mqx-4.1/MQX_4_1_1_LINUX_GA/lib/twrk70f120m.gcc_arm/debug/bsp mkdir -p /root/documents/projects/kinetis/mqx-4.1/MQX_4_1_1_LINUX_GA/lib/twrk70f120m.gcc_arm/debug/bsp/obj mkdir -p /root/documents/projects/kinetis/mqx-4.1/MQX_4_1_1_LINUX_GA/lib/twrk70f120m.gcc_arm/debug/bsp/dep echo echo 'Compile c file: /root/documents/projects/kinetis/mqx-4.1/MQX_4_1_1_LINUX_GA/mqx/source/io/adc/kadc/adc_mk70.c to /root/documents/projects/kinetis/mqx-4.1/MQX_4_1_1_LINUX_GA/lib/twrk70f120m.gcc_arm/debug/bsp/obj/adc_mk70.o'

It seems that echo is not executed just its call is printed.

Best regards

Original Attachment has been moved to: mqx411b.log.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: mqx411.log.zip

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gaetan,

I have just checked and I am getting the same behavior you got.

But on my side after removing '@' in the global.mk I can see the entire output of the compiling and linking process.

But as you mentioend there seems to be somethig wrong in the makefiles. Let me try to see if I can find the problem. But I hope this is not a problem that stops your development.

I will get back to you as soon as I find somehting useful.

Best Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos

gaetancarlier
Contributor I

Hi Alejandro,

Absolutely not. It is just a feedback to improve this Linux version for which I have a high interest. The compilation of shared library seems to be good (I do not yet tried to link theses libs with a demo program).

I am making test to migrate from MQX 4.0.2 under CW to MQX 4.1.1 under command line.

Best regards,

Gaëtan.

0 Kudos

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gaëtan,

The issue has been reported, not sure if the script will be changed.

Best Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos

asmith
Contributor III

Can Freescale atleast document the Linux enviroment(s) etc. that it has tested this on.

I tried Ubuntu 14.04 with the standard gcc-arm-none-eabi gross compiler and new lib and get all kinds of can not find stdbool.h messages.

These are probably because of --nostdinc

Regardless, if we atleast had a reference of what combination Freescale was using to compare to it would be helpful. 

0 Kudos

asmith
Contributor III

No that's not it either getting the same can't find stdbool.h with the

/opt/cross/arm/kinetis/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_8-2014q3

But

/opt/cross/arm/kinetis/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_8-2014q1

sort of works with lots of

./build_gcc_arm.sh: line 33: Compile: command not found

errors

I think I had less trouble maually making MQX compile under Linux using an OLDER MQX that was not supported under Linux

0 Kudos