cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to USBTAP - cannot talk to board "Please check your jtag clock speed"

Jump to solution
craigj
Contributor III

My company have recently bought a USBTAP in order to flash bare boards (based on the mpc8308), we are just following the instructions from the previous manufacturing organisation but even following every step we end up with

"Please check your jtag clock speed" whilst trying to establish communication.

We've installed CW v8.8 and accepeted all the patches that the updater delivered.

Can anyone offer any help as to diagnosing this issue?

Thanks in advance

Craig

Labels (1)
1 Solution
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Something to check with you:

1. "My company have recently bought a USBTAP in order to flash bare boards", , as it's recently bought, is this CWTAP like this:CodeWarrior TAP|Freescale

2. "We've installed CW v8.8 and accepeted all the patches that the updater delivered", did you mean you installed all the patches here:CodeWarrior Development Studio for PowerQUICC|Freescale including 8.8.5 and 8.8.6?

3. What's you OS?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Craig,

1. First please check CCS USB driver.

If you are using CodeWarrior TAP(the one integrates both USB and Ethernet ports), please apply Patch 8.8.6 from CodeWarrior Development Studio for PowerQUICC|Freescale to update CCS USB driver.

If you are using old product USB TAP(the one only integrates USB port) and Windows 7 OS, please only apply Patch 8.8.5 from the above link.

If you are using Linux OS, so far there is no patch available for CodeWarrior TAP, you need to update CCS to the latest edition,

In addition, for Linux OS, you need to install CCS driver manually. Please follow readme.txt in /usr/local/Freescale/EPPC_8.8/CodeWarriorIDE/ccs/driver/usb/ to install it, udev rules need to be created and take effect.

2. I am not sure whether there is valid RCW on your target, so please use CodeWarrior JTAG configuration file, after follow "EPPC New Project Wizard" to create a bare board project for for MPC8308SOM,please open the panel Edit->Debug Version Settings->Remote Debugging->Edit Connection, and configure JTAG Configuration file as the attached 8308_HRCW_jtag.txt.

3. If your problem remains, please enable CCS log from Edit->Debug Version Settings->Debugger->Remote Debugging->Edit Connection->Enable Logging, then connect to the target and attach the CCS log to us.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Something to check with you:

1. "My company have recently bought a USBTAP in order to flash bare boards", , as it's recently bought, is this CWTAP like this:CodeWarrior TAP|Freescale

2. "We've installed CW v8.8 and accepeted all the patches that the updater delivered", did you mean you installed all the patches here:CodeWarrior Development Studio for PowerQUICC|Freescale including 8.8.5 and 8.8.6?

3. What's you OS?

craigj
Contributor III

Thanks to both you guys who have replied...excellent advice.

So it appears that the secret to solving this was applying the 8.8.6 patch, so unfortunately the trouble there was that the software updater didn't offer this to me even when 8.8.5 was installed.

So everything seems fine now on both XP and Win7, which is what we required.

Thanks

0 Kudos