I have build a u-boot.imx for my imx6qsabresd. I would like to download it to target without removing the SD card, using Kermit.
This is what I have done so far:
- setup kermit on host with the following settings:
set line /dev/ttyUSB0
set speed 115200
set carrier-watch off
set handshake none
set flow-control none
set file type bin
set file name lit
set rec pack 1000
set send pack 1000
set window 5
- start Kermit and connect to target.
- reset the target and stop autoboot to get into u-boot
- tell u-boot to take a transfer with
U-Boot > loadb 0x0400
(is this the correct address to put u-boot?)
- disconnected to return to kermit, and started file transfer:
C-Kermit> send u-boot.imx
(is this the correct file?)
I only get packet time outs.
I tried earlier to put the file at 0x00800000, and there I got 40 packets of size ~1000 sent. Then the packets timed out. This tells me the transmission is ok, maybe there wasn't enough room there to put the ~300 kB of u-boot. Maybe I just can't write there from the serial link?
How can I update my u-boot with a serial connection? What am I doing wrong?