Which would be the better way to export a codewarrior project and import in another PC?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which would be the better way to export a codewarrior project and import in another PC?

Edrianocarlos
Contributor IV

Hello,

I have exported a project as archive, as file system and tried to import in another PC with the same codewarrior installed within the same directory.

but i keep getting lib files missing.

I also tried to drag the .project into a workspace but still have lib files missing.

when i am using codecomposer which is eclipse based tool also. a just copy the entire dir folder and recompile and everything works with no pain.

thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
2 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Edriano,

If you want to share your project, move it to another PC, you can:

- copy the project folder,

use the process above to find it under Windows Explorer

- on new PC launch Eclipse,

- create a new workspace,

- copy the project folder under workspace,

- click on File + Import... + General + Existing Projects into Workspace,

- select the project.

Now you should be able to open the project.

The option "Copy projects into workspace" can be used to copy all source files in the workspace.

Else the other solution is:

File + Export  + General + Archive file

all source files must be contained in the zip file.

for both solution, CW for MCU V10.x must be installed on the new PC too.

By default the lib path will be known.

Have a great day,
Pascal

santiago_lopez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Edriano,

The projects in CodeWarrior can be moved to another PC just as in CodeComposer. All you need to do is copy the whole project folder to the new PC. The attached image shows how to find the project folder.

Find Project Folder.png

Now, if you keep having missing library issues, check if the indicated path for that library is correct on the project properties. We recommend to use relative paths when adding a library or file to the project (i.e. "${ProjDir}\Source.c"). If you use absolute paths (i.e. "C:\My_Project\Source.c") the compiler will have problems trying to find some files when you move the project to a different path or computer.

Saludos