AnsweredAssumed Answered

Custom kernel for T4240qds - boot issues

Question asked by Vigneshwaren Sankaran on Feb 3, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 6, 2014 by Alex Perez

Using yocto, I built a kernel for a T4240QDS machine. I customized the kernel, a kernel based on version 3.13

A root filesystem with the custom kernel was generated. I created a single ext2 filesystem for the root filesystem and copied the filesystem onto the SD card.

In the uboot prompt I ran:

setenv bootcmd 'setenv bootargs root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rw rootdelay=5 console=$consoledev,$baudrate; mmcinfo; ext2load mmc 0:1 $loadaddr /boot/$bootfile; extl2load mmc 0:1 $fdtaddr $fdtfile; bootm $loadaddr - $fdtaddr'

I have set the variables, $bootfile,$fdtfile. $fdtaddr, $loadaddr etc. to their approproiate values.

The issues is, the board seems too boot the default 3.8.13-rt9-QorIQ-SDK-V1.4 kernel. The kernel never seems to be booting. The board seems to recognize my root filesystem, my kernel alone seems to have not booted. I checked using uname, and it doesnt show 3.13 kernel that I built. Why is it that the rootfs is being booted but not the custom kernel I built?

I am aware that the default boot mode for the T4240 machine is from the NOR flash, what switch settings should I have to change thee boot source to an SD card. Thanks in advance.

Outcomes