Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Resolution Timer (Linux)

Jump to solution
makotokatsukura
Contributor II

Dear Forum members,

Does anybody know how to enable "High Resolution Timer"?

We are using TWR-VF65GS10 and Timesys Linux.

At the Linux kernel configuration, we set as follows:

Kernel Features --->

[*] High Resolution Timer Support

We expect that the resolution of timer become shorter than 10ms,

but the resolution does not change.

( We checked the resulution or timer by the command " cat /proc/timer_list " )

Regards,

Makoto Katsukura

0 Kudos
1 Solution
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hello Katsukura-san,

Applying the attached patch to your kernel source tree will allow the HRT to function. If you are using the Desktop Factory to build your kernel, you can add this patch as a local patch for the kernel, as described in the documentation here (be sure to decompress the patch too):

https://linuxlink.timesys.com/docs/wiki/factory/FactoryBestPractices#How-do-I-add-my-custom-patch-to...

Please note that applying this patch may break functionality for SDHC cards. The kernel does not have this patch applied by default for this reason.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Timesys Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hello Katsukura-san,

Applying the attached patch to your kernel source tree will allow the HRT to function. If you are using the Desktop Factory to build your kernel, you can add this patch as a local patch for the kernel, as described in the documentation here (be sure to decompress the patch too):

https://linuxlink.timesys.com/docs/wiki/factory/FactoryBestPractices#How-do-I-add-my-custom-patch-to...

Please note that applying this patch may break functionality for SDHC cards. The kernel does not have this patch applied by default for this reason.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Timesys Support

0 Kudos
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hello Katsukura-san,

I wanted to let you know that we are currently investigating this issue. I will let you know when we have an update available.

Thanks,

Timesys Support

0 Kudos
juangutierrez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

timesyssupport, could you help on this?

0 Kudos
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Dear Makoto,

To be on the same page and thus expedite the process, may you refer us to the relevant chapter / table / diagram / etc. in our documentation, please? - I mean, in which this "High Resolution Timer" is described / mentioned.

Regards, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos