Starting with KL15 32-pin device

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting with KL15 32-pin device

Chiz
Contributor III

I designed a board with the MKL15Z128VFM4 which is essentially a 32-pin version of the KL15. I didn't want to use the uart pins seeing that I have a limited pin out. Therefore sysinit() and start() functions in the KL25FRDM family will have issues on my board because printf statements won't work.

Anyone know where to get small source code package with all the correct start, isr and low level routines needed to get a KL15 board going without needing all the KL25 FRDM board package?

Thanks,

Chiz

Labels (1)
6 Replies

Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Chiz

If you use our sample code, I think you might have to meet such a problem. Because sample code use UART to print information for demo. I suggest you use CodeWarrior to create a new project of KL15. If you want to use some basic module, you can use processor expert function in CodeWarrior.

Hope my reply can help you. If  you meet question in your CodeWarrior develop process, please tell me. Thanks.

Best Regards

Paul

ulivinico
Contributor II

Hi Paul.Tian,

I have similar needs of Chiz Chikwendu and I need to develop applications for KL14 with Codewarrior 10.4. I need to eliminate USB-UART but I would like to use previous projects developed for KL25. Could you suggest me the best way to proceede? Is it simpler to modify sysinit() and start() or I should desist and start from a new project?

0 Kudos

deepakrana
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI

The same code should work for except the pin remapping. If you are concerned with printf then the printf will still work remapped to the board on your current board.

the startup codes and sysinit will remain same for most of the code except the USB clock Initialization part.

Don't see major changes in the code . In your existing project you can add the header and linker files of KL15 and according make the suitable changes.

While downloading in the download configuration choose the memory configuration file for KL15 and i think for the most part you will be fine.

Any problems do let us know

Cheers 

ulivinico
Contributor II

Thank you. I've used the header file for MKL14 "MKL14Z4.h" generated by wizard. Concerning the linker, do you think it is possibile to use the one included in the KL25 FRDM board package, i.e. "64KB_Pflash.ld" in the place of "128KB_Pflash.ld" (used by FREEDOM board)?

Or should I use the MKL14Z64_flash.ld generated by the wizard?

0 Kudos

Chiz
Contributor III

Hi Paul,

I found a way to work with the IAR tools. There is a "Getting Started" project which includes a minimal set of code necessary to start the chip. I found a similar set of start up code for the KL15 device family, and I'm working with it.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Chiz

gil1
Contributor I

Hi Chiz,

Where did you find that example for the KL15?  I also use the KL25 development board and would like to use IAR.  Do you have one for the Keil compiler as well?  Would you mind sharing the examples?

Thank you!

Cheers,

Gil

0 Kudos