Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code size limitation when using GCC

Jump to solution
markoseverin
Contributor II

Hi guys,

I've tested the CodeWarrior MCU 10.4 special edition and I've noticed a strange thing regarding the code size limitation. I've created a project for the K70 and when using the freescale build tools, the code size is indeed limited to 32kByte. However, If i use the GCC option, there doesn't seem to be any limitation; 1Mbyte size compiled completley OK. I did test this with a fairly simple program, just a huge constant array of uint32_t.

Can anyone confirm this? Is there really no limitation when using the GCC compiler?

Thanks and best regards,

Marko

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marko,

yes, the gcc compiler/assembler/linker are not limited at all. But you should see a limit if you try to debug it it: 64 KByte for Kinetis-L, and 128 KByte for Kinetis-K. I have not hit that limit yet. And if so, I can anyway program/download the program without any limitation if it is a S19, Intel-Hex or binary file.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marko,

yes, the gcc compiler/assembler/linker are not limited at all. But you should see a limit if you try to debug it it: 64 KByte for Kinetis-L, and 128 KByte for Kinetis-K. I have not hit that limit yet. And if so, I can anyway program/download the program without any limitation if it is a S19, Intel-Hex or binary file.

0 Kudos