cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K20D50M examples/projects?

Jump to solution
stephenfranklin
Contributor I

I just got the FRDM-K20D50M package and have been downloading software for the last day but when I run IAR Workbench it does not find any examlles and I have not found anything that will work yet for IAR or CodeWarrior (which I think I have installed correctly) Also is there a syntax manual for the Kinetis chips or do I have to write my own code to access the GPIO? Thanks for any help you can give me, I'm trying out a new chipset from AVR and NXP so I'm grasping at straws here.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Stephen,

Seems you are using a 32K size limitation version, so that some functions are limited as well, please go to Project->Option->Category->C/C++ Compiler -> List, and uncheck the option “Output assembler file” as the attachment.

Hope that helps,

Best Regards,

Kan Li

Technical Information & Commercial Support AP (Kinetis/ColdFire)

Freescale Semiconductor (China) Limited Shanghai Branch Office

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
stephenfranklin
Contributor I

Well, I'm sorry to say but I have not been able to get this working so I will have to move on. I will come back to it in the future but for now it is too dificult to get any useful work done with the demo board Compilers don't compile demo programs won't run. Sorry I don't have more time and patiece for this, it looks interesting.

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Stephen,

For more information about the Cortex-M4 instruction set, please kindly refer to http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.dui0553a/DUI0553A_cortex_m4_dgug.pdf.

Hope that helps,

Kan

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Stephen,

Check the Sample Code Package KINETIS_50MHZ_SC in this page: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=FRDM-K20D50M&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_...

You will find several examples for CW or IAR in folder : kinetis_50MHz_sc\k20d50m_sc_baremetal\build\iar\

In those examples you have frdm_GPIO_init(); and LED control with GPIO. You can also work with Processor Expert.

Luis

0 Kudos
stephenfranklin
Contributor I

I found that code but none of it seems to compile with IAR, I get 40 errors and then it fails. I'd like some code that works to use as a foundation for learning, Thanks for your answer though it did help.

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Stephen,

What is the IAR version that you are using? Actually it is complied successfully on my side with 11 warnings , Please kindly refer to following for details.

snapshot.png

and this is my IAR version info:

snapshot1.png

Please try to use a same version IAR or even higher and try again.

Hope that helps,

Kan

stephenfranklin
Contributor I

Thanks for the help. I'm running 6.50.3.4757 at the moment, the error I get most is

[Og007]: Assembler list file generation not allowed in this version of the compiler

Error while running C/C++ Compiler

I reloaded the example code just to make sure that wasn't the problem but the error is the same. Looks like I don't have IAR loaded correctly but I don't know what I need. Is IAR the best way to go in learning the capabilities of this chip or is there something else that would work better? I'm comming from a simpler place as I have been using Atmel chips with AVR Studio and Arduino and the Parallax Propeller chip with it's IDE which are very specific to the chips used.

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Stephen,

Seems you are using a 32K size limitation version, so that some functions are limited as well, please go to Project->Option->Category->C/C++ Compiler -> List, and uncheck the option “Output assembler file” as the attachment.

Hope that helps,

Best Regards,

Kan Li

0 Kudos
stephenfranklin
Contributor I

Thanks, that fixed the error problem now I get an IarIdePm message box saying there is a "Missing or malformed flash loader specification fileC:\........\FlashK20Xxxx.board" I have many files there like "FlashKx0Dxxx16K1K.board" But no K20.... files. What next?

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Stephen,

I think “FlashK60Dxxx16K.board” can be used instead, the 16K in the end means 16K SRAM. Please kindly let me know if the problem is still there.

Best Regards,

Kan Li

0 Kudos
stephenfranklin
Contributor I

OK, where do I set this so IAR will look for this rather than the one it is trying to use? Also if Freescale is making such a nice evaluation board why is it so hard to get it to do anything useful? What system would you use to program this board keeping in mind I don't know yet that I will be using this processor in any major way (depending on how hard it is to work with). Thanks for all the help you have given me so far, I really appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Stephen,

Please kindly put the attached files in the "freescale" folder of IAR, for example, "C:\Program Files\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 6.4\arm\config\flashloader\Freescale", and then no more change needed for the flash loader specification file.

Sorry for the inconvenience that has caused.

Best Regards,

Kan Li