MQXLite + KL25 Freedom board +CW10.3Beta

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQXLite + KL25 Freedom board +CW10.3Beta

TurboMan
Contributor IV

I still have 10.3Beta on my machine, and didn't want to upgrade if it's not necessary. So, last night I tryed out a new mqxlite project, and set up a couple of tasks to do things at different rates, just as a proof of concept test. So, with the two tasks, I tried to use "_usr_time_delay(milliseconds)" where milliseconds was 500 and 600 for the two tasks. However, this came back with undefined reference to _usr_time_delay() and no amount of cleans / rebuilds / unchecking and re-checking "generate code" could solve the problem.

So, is it a known issue? With 10.3 Beta? Do I have to pre-compile libraries or headers? And why isn't any "_usr..." function in the MQXlite documentation? I also tried other functions but these get an "undefined reference" error as well.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

petr_uhlir
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

TurboMan,

it will be better if you update your CodeWarrior to 10.3 production version which contains MQXLite support of the Kinetis L family (Cortex M0+). If you require Kinetis K (Cortex M4) support you have better to wait for 10.4 update which is going to be released at the end of April. The user / privilege mode is not supported yet, but some parts of this feature can be already found in MQXLite sources. Its because the sourcebase of the MQXLite is subset of the full MQX which supports this feature,

Other point is that MQXLite supports just tick time. So to have 0.5s delay you have to call _time_delay_ticks(50) assuming you have 10ms tick time (default value) set in the system timer.

Check out MQXLite examples in

"c:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.3\MCU\CodeWarrior_Examples\Processor_Expert\MQXLite\Kinetis"

Regards Petr

0 Kudos

Frost
Contributor II

Thanks Petr,

updating from beta to production helped, and got it working. Still playing... :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos