Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6q ENET test in platform SDK is not working

Jump to solution
marktwainjr
Contributor II

Hello All,

I am trying to run enet test from platform sdk (1.0 & 1.1) on my imx6q sabresd board. But ENET PHY (AR8031) link status fails.

following are logs shown while running test

ENET AR8031 PHY: ID=4dd070

enet phy status 1: 7949

AR8031 reg 0x11 = 0050

ENET 1: [ HALF_DUPLEX ] [ disconnected ] [ 10M bps ]:

ENET link status check fail

I have tried with loopback cable and also with PC, I am able to ping my pc from board (u-boot command prompt)

I am using PSDK source for enet_test as it is, Also tried to enable/disable AR8031 rework code, but no luck.

Has anybody faced the similar problem with PSDK or even linux/android BSP?

Thanks,

Jr. MT

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
maheshmahadeva1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I am seeing the same issue as well and not sure if this is an issue with the test.

Could you look at the standalone ping test that is available at:

iMX6_Platform_SDK/apps/ping

This test is working and the code here can be used as reference.

Best regards,

-Mahesh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
shefft
Contributor IV

I'm having the same problem.  I get the link when I connect straight to another port, but external loopback is hosed.  If I set internal loopback, that detects link up ok, but I'd like to do the SDK external loopback test.  Ping is fine in uboot, but I noticed that the link lights don't come on for a loopback connector in uboot either.  I'm using a iMX6Solo on a Nitrogen6x board.  Has anybody come up with anything yet?

0 Kudos
shefft
Contributor IV

Spoke with a Micrel FAE.  External loopback is not what you think.  The link will not come up for a loopback cable at all on this chip.  So I've switched to trying out internal loopback, but the iMX6 is having trouble with the TXF interrupt - it doesn't always assert when you send a packet.  I think the prob is the same with loopback or normal mode.  Love to hear from somebody who has this working.

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Mark, if Mahesh's comment is helpful, please click Helpful Answer or Correct Answer.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos
maheshmahadeva1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I am seeing the same issue as well and not sure if this is an issue with the test.

Could you look at the standalone ping test that is available at:

iMX6_Platform_SDK/apps/ping

This test is working and the code here can be used as reference.

Best regards,

-Mahesh

0 Kudos