AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problems with IMX6Q dual display and BT656 output

Question asked by Timothy Bean on Apr 4, 2013
Latest reply on May 31, 2013 by Timothy Bean
Branched to a new discussion

Hi All,

Hopefully some smart Freescale people can help me out here. I recently upgraded my Nitrogen6x board to include a ADV7391 analog output. This is attached to the parallel RGB port.

When working with my L3.0.35_12.09.01_GA version kernel, HDMI output worked perfectly. I am using Gstreamer to decode live video streams. This worked at all resolutions (480p-60, 720p-60, 1080p-60) without issue.

To incorporate the BT656 patch:

Patch to support BT656 and BT1120 output for iMX6 BSP

I have to upgrade to the 1.1.0 release of the kernel. Since that point my HDMI video has not been running right. Frame rate of the display is off so I have to drop frames to keep up with the live stream. I have moved the hdmi over to IPU1 and even tried to change the clock that IPU 0 was on per Qiang Li's (write patch for BT656) advice. Still, no change.  If I change the disp-width to 1272 then the video shows up with good visual quality, but I have to drop frames to keep in sync with the display. I did not have these problems at all on the previous kernel version. Here is what I see on my HDMI display is I run video that is native format to the display (ie. 720p video -> 720p display):

bad_hdmi.jpg

This issue seems to happen in the 1.1.1 release even without the BT656 driver installed. Something is very different than my previous kernel version.

I need to get this resolved ASAP as my client is waiting on finished product.

Thanks

Tim

Message was edited by: Timothy Bean

Outcomes