Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash swap example for IAR/MQX

Jump to solution
artur73
Contributor I

Hi all,

I'm looking for some code example to upload firmware to the K60 (through web preferably) and update the active flash image with this new image using swap feature. I use IAR with MQX.

I looked through the example AN4533, but this is not enough for me. I'm a bit new to Freescale programming, so any help will appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
macl
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

Some suggestions... 

There is a great thread here on how firmware update bootloader using flash swap can be added to MQX 4.0. 

Using flashx io_ioctl FLASH_IOCTL_SWAP_FLASH_AND_RESET for bootloader

There is an ethernet bootloader example available within MQX at /mqx/examples/bootloader/.  It uses TFTP to transfer a new firmware image over a network to program in memory.

Should be able to piece together elements to implement an ethernet bootloader that uses the swapable flash blocks. 

hope that helps.

Mac

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
macl
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

Some suggestions... 

There is a great thread here on how firmware update bootloader using flash swap can be added to MQX 4.0. 

Using flashx io_ioctl FLASH_IOCTL_SWAP_FLASH_AND_RESET for bootloader

There is an ethernet bootloader example available within MQX at /mqx/examples/bootloader/.  It uses TFTP to transfer a new firmware image over a network to program in memory.

Should be able to piece together elements to implement an ethernet bootloader that uses the swapable flash blocks. 

hope that helps.

Mac

0 Kudos
artur73
Contributor I

Hello Mac,

Thanks for the reply. Actually, there is no bootloader project in the mqx/examples/ folder (MQX 4.0).

Could you share it for us?

Thanks,

Artur

0 Kudos