cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not talk to K60 via JTAG interface

Jump to solution
tfrauenrath
Contributor III

I have a new board with a Freescale MK60DN512ZVLQ10 but I cannot reach it with my ULINK Pro in combination with Keil µVision V4.60. I tried SWD and JTAG mode, but I can not establish a connection. Using a K60 Tower works ok.

Please find attached a PDF with all the signals and the schematic of the JTAG interface on the last page. On the left hand side the signals are taken from K60 tower, which is working fine. On the left hand side you see signals measured on my board, which will not communicate.

Is there a mistake in hard- or software?

Tank you!

Labels (1)
1 Solution
tfrauenrath
Contributor III

Hello Danny,

thank you very much for your advice with the EZP-CS0. In my layout Pin 9 of the JTAG interface was connected to EZP_CS. This is a GND-PIN of the ULINK. This activates EzPort instead of JTAG mode. I pitched away pin9 on ARM cortex debug interface and everything is fine! By the way: On Freescales Tower there is a Jumper (R72) for this purpose which is not populated.

"EzPort is a serial memory interface present in Kinetis, ColdFire+ and ColdFire v2 devices. It allows the entire contents of the target’s memory to be erased, programmed and read in-system through a simple SPI-compatible interface. An external controller can hold the target microcontroller in reset, and by asserting low a mode-select pin (~EZP_CS) and releasing the reset, the microcontroller enters a special programming mode called EZP. When in the mode, a range of commands may be sent to the microcontroller to control a full suite of programming tasks."

Thumbs up for your advice!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Danny_B
Contributor I

Hi,

Start with the obvious first: you don't have something holding the system permanently in reset, do you?

Danny.

0 Kudos
tfrauenrath
Contributor III

Hey Danny,

good idea, but that is not the case. In my PDF you can see the Reset line printed in orange in each diagram. It goes down once for a short period of time (My K60 behavior is on the right column in the PDF).. For the initial reset pulse this is the same behavior compared to the tower (Tower behavior is on the left column in the PDF).

I thing there is something wrong with the TCK signal. It goes up with the reset pulse, but than it stays in high level. Unfortunately I don´t understand that strange behavior....

Greetings, Tobias.

0 Kudos
Danny_B
Contributor I

Hello,

Just checking because you don't show what the reset signal goes to on the circuit diagram.

Going back to an old schematic of mine, I notice the following:

All the JTAG signals are pulled up, and the EZP-CS0 signal is not connected to the JTAG connector.

It has been a while since I touched it, but I believe these are required but I can't remember why :smileyhappy: (The manual suggests that they have internal pull-up / down).

Danny.

tfrauenrath
Contributor III

Hello Danny,

thank you very much for your advice with the EZP-CS0. In my layout Pin 9 of the JTAG interface was connected to EZP_CS. This is a GND-PIN of the ULINK. This activates EzPort instead of JTAG mode. I pitched away pin9 on ARM cortex debug interface and everything is fine! By the way: On Freescales Tower there is a Jumper (R72) for this purpose which is not populated.

"EzPort is a serial memory interface present in Kinetis, ColdFire+ and ColdFire v2 devices. It allows the entire contents of the target’s memory to be erased, programmed and read in-system through a simple SPI-compatible interface. An external controller can hold the target microcontroller in reset, and by asserting low a mode-select pin (~EZP_CS) and releasing the reset, the microcontroller enters a special programming mode called EZP. When in the mode, a range of commands may be sent to the microcontroller to control a full suite of programming tasks."

Thumbs up for your advice!

0 Kudos
robertboys
Contributor IV

Hello

If you go to www.keil.com/freescale - there is an appnote that might be helpful.

Bob

0 Kudos
tfrauenrath
Contributor III

Hey Bob,

the app note is about the flexmemory interface. I do not have a flexmemory interface on my MK60DN512ZVLQ10. I thing there is a failure in the JTAG-hardware of my board. You can see it in the attached PDF in my 1st post. What do you think?

Tank you, Tobias!

0 Kudos