Power up for RT1062

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power up for RT1062

tpetrovic
Contributor I
The hardware development guide for the RT1062 states in the power up sequence requirement that "VDD_SNVS_IN supply must be turned on before any other power supply or be connected (shorted) with VDD_HIGH_IN supply". The part that says "or be connected with VDD_HIGH_IN supply" seems to contradict what is stated in the reference manual. Is it correct to say that only one external power supply would be required for this board so long as it is used for both VDD_HIGH_IN and VDD_SNVS_IN? Or are two separate power supplies required to ensure that the supply for VDD_SNVS_IN comes up before any other supply? I'm trying to figure out if I can power the RT1062 with only a single 3.3V supply, but I'm unsure if that violates the power up procedure. Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Reply

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

In general, a critical power sequence should be followed on i.MXRT HW design. SNVS power domain
should be POR ahead of other power domain just following below EVK schematic design, but if the lowest
sleep power mode(SNVS Mode) is not necessary in your app, SNVS_IN can be POR together with other
power domain to implement true one LDO or DC-DC regulator in system

Hope it help you. Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos