cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUBootUtility python error?

Jump to solution
nicolasmuratore
Contributor III

Hi, hope you are doing well, I have found a problem trying to use MCUBootUtility, I get the following error from cmd window on Win 10:

nicolasmuratore_0-1605108379155.png

The Port setup led turns green, not blue, and shows the message "configure boot dvice". 

I don't now much but seems to be a Python error, am I right?

I have installed the python 2.7 package like the installation step by step asks.

Could be possible that the installation files are corrupted?

Many thanks and best regards.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
nicolasmuratore
Contributor III

Hi Victor,  it's working now!!!

I've discovered that my antivirus send some files to quarantinee without warning me, disabling the antivirus and executing with administrator permissions the app works fine.

Many thanks.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
nicolasmuratore
Contributor III

Hi Victor, thanks for your support, next are the data that you asked:

MCUBootUtility 1.4.0

MIMXRT1020EVK

I have followed the next steps:

1) Connect the EVK to a PC (I have tested both possibilities USB-HID and UART).

2) Select the MCU (IMXRT1020) and "Boot device" as "SD Card" on "Target setup" section.

3) Press "Boot Device configuration" to check the SD card info.

4) Check the "Port status", select the correct port and then press "Connect to ROM" and wait until the led turns blue.

The last step fail, the led turn green and the cmd window show the message that I have posted.

I have tried using sdphost and blhost tools directly, and those seems to work, I mean I can download an image to an SD card.

So, I think maybe this issue have something to do with python version (2.7).

0 Kudos
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nicolas, 

Did you put your board in serial downloader mode? This step is necessary, otherwise, it won't be possible for the tool to connect to the ROM bootloader. 

Regards,

Victor 

0 Kudos
nicolasmuratore
Contributor III

Hi Victor, yes the EVK is in "serial downloader mode", I have installed the files of the MCUbootutility  again, but I have found the same problem, I will try to download the files from another place, I think that maybe these are corrupt.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nicolas, 

I just downloaded the newest version available in the repository and I didn't face any issues. The python version that I'm running on my pc is 3.9.0. 

Link to the repository. 

Regards, 

Victor 

0 Kudos
nicolasmuratore
Contributor III

Hi Victor, thanks for your support, I have downloaded the files again, I have installed python 3.9 (I think this is not really necessary because I don't want to change anything).

After following the step by step to reinstall and configure everithing, I have the same bad results:

nicolasmuratore_0-1606852968359.png

Could be a Windows 10 problem??

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
nicolasmuratore
Contributor III

Good day, trying with the MCUBootUtility version 2.4.0 and python 3.9.0,  I get the following error:

nicolasmuratore_0-1606920758078.png

I don't understand what file it mention, everithing seems to be there.

I will try on another PC, maybe is a problem related to my computer.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

This problem is not related to Windows 10, the PC that I'm using to make the tests on my side is running Windows 10. 

Are you downloading all the files in the repository? From the link that I sent before, you need to download all the files in the repository. To do this you need to click on the following option. 

victorjimenez_0-1606945436872.png

Once you download the zip file you need to uncompress it. It seems that the problem that you are facing is due to missing files, probably you didn't download all the needed files. 

Regards,
Victor 

0 Kudos
nicolasmuratore
Contributor III

Hi Victor,  it's working now!!!

I've discovered that my antivirus send some files to quarantinee without warning me, disabling the antivirus and executing with administrator permissions the app works fine.

Many thanks.

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

To provide you better support I will need more information from your end. 

1. What version of the tool are you using? 
  2. Wich RT are you using? 
  3. Are you using a custom board of one of our EVKs?
  4. Could you please specify what steps did you follow to get that error? 

Regards, 

Victor  

0 Kudos