cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1176 with MPF5020 does not boot

Dave7
Contributor II

Hi,

My custom board is able to boot from the octal flash on FlexSPI1 when it is configured to power from internal dcdc.

However, it does not boot when configured to power from MPF5020 and goes into serial downloader mode. It is able to run normally from the octal flash in Keil using a J-Link connected via SWD.

I've checked that the power up sequence of MPF5020 is in accordance with the datasheet.

The only code change I made to run with MPF5020 is with an additional macro SKIP_DCDC_CONFIGURATION=1.

Would greatly appreciate any guidance on what else I should check.

Thank you,

Dave

0 Kudos
4 Replies

_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you so much for your interest in our products and for using our community.

PF5020 is implemented in MIMXRT1170-EVKB, you could refer to its respective schematic.

Additionally, AN13213 Using i.MX RT117x Processor with PF5020 PMIC for Auto Application could help you, also its respective examples are in the SDK for MIMXRT1170-EVKB.

Hope it helps you.

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos

Dave7
Contributor II

Hi Leo,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Our custom board design is based on the EVKB schematic and we had also referenced the AN13213.

I've checked the voltage and power sequence again and again. The timing and voltage is the same as described in the AN13213.

If the voltage and power sequence is correct, are there any other areas that could prevent the RT1176 from booting?

Thank you,
Dave
0 Kudos

_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please check if your issue is reproducible MIMXRT1170-EVKB, if so, please share the steps to reproduce it. Otherwise, please create a new confidential ticket requesting a schematic review attaching your schematic.

0 Kudos

Dave7
Contributor II

Hi Leo,

The issue is not reproducible on the EVKB.

I'll create a support ticket for the schematic review.

Thank you,
Dave