cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing the RT1064 with a new application

CK3
Contributor III

Hi,

I want to use another computer model as a host to update the RT1064 with new binaries via the USB-OTG Port.

Right now my problem is that the board is booting from ROM (ROM-based bootloader), where I cannot communicate with it. I want to either allow the RT1064 to boot from Flash or from RAM.

The reason is that I need to flash the MCU Flashloader on the RT1064 so that it allows me to communicate with it, using a host computer and the MCU Flashloader API as in the Reference Guid (for example GetProperty command).

What is the best way to achieve this? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You can use MCUBooUtility to communicate with the flashloader via USB-HID in serial downloader mode.

GitHub - JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility: A one-stop boot utility tool based on Python2.7+wxPython4.0, it...

Have a great day,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored. Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

0 Kudos

CK3
Contributor III

Hi,

I am already using the MCUBootUtility tool. What I do is uploading a flashloader via this tool on the RT1064 and then reset it, switch to internal mode and try to communicate it via the MCU Flashloader command API. Unfortunately, this doesn't work.

What could I do?

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please refer to this application note that provides an example of how to communicate with the flashloader.

i.MX RT Flashloader Use Case

Best regards,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored. Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

0 Kudos