Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH NOR boot frequency issue

Jump to solution
yosri_c
Contributor III

Hello NXP support,

i have an issue regarding the Flash NOR clock frequency , i have an RT1176 custom board , and i have a  IS25LP128 flash NOR  on FlexSpi2 portA with mux  attached , i have configured the FCB as attached below and i wanted to change the frequency from 60Mhz to 133Mhz , now after doing that i try to compare two exact similar  boards one with 60Mhz and the second with 133Mhz and i still get the same perf with no difference whatsoever ! i need to understand first if i configure the serialClkFreq in FCB  to be 133Mhz and the board boots up correctly but could it default to 60Mhz or is there some place else i have to set the frequency ? 

i'd really appreciate any help on the matter  

i.MX-RT1170  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
HangZhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @yosri_c 

The maximum frequency of different types of flash varies. For example, the flash model uses MX25UM51345G, and according to the information in the flash manual, the normal operating frequency can reach 200MHz.

BR

Hang

View solution in original post

3 Replies
HangZhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @yosri_c 

HangZhang_0-1722925461599.png

If you try to change it to 166MHz, are their performances the same?

BR

Hang

yosri_c
Contributor III
Hi there Hang,

i'll try that and be back with an answer. althought i think the max freq for NOR flash is 133Mhz isn' it ?

Regards
yosri
0 Kudos
HangZhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @yosri_c 

The maximum frequency of different types of flash varies. For example, the flash model uses MX25UM51345G, and according to the information in the flash manual, the normal operating frequency can reach 200MHz.

BR

Hang