cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use eim in userspace

vvjay
Contributor I

Hi,

yesterday i configured eim in our board to communicate with fpga, and use /unit_test/memtools (./memtools -16 0x0800000a=0x000f)tool to test it ,and i successfully read the  data(0x000f) in fpga , so eim is configured correctly. but i have a problem:how to use eim without memtools. i found in board_init function ,when configuring eim interface , i register a platform device (physmap-flash) into the system, and the resource of it is start with CS0_BASE_ADDR and end with CS0_BASE_ADDR+0x02000000-1 which is just the memory space of eim, so i check the /sys/devices/platform/physmap-flash.0 but there is no driver, does it mean if i want to use eim as a device, i have to write a driver for it? or nxp support the driver ,and i didn't find it?or there is other way to use it? i have checked rm and firmware guide,and got nothing. i use imx6q-sabresd board and linux-3.0.35.

Thank you very much!

Jay

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jay

for available drivers please look at attached Linux Manual Chapter 26
SPI NOR Flash Memory Technology Device (MTD) Driver. Seems for custom

purposes one will have to write a driver for it and add sys/ entries using

approaches described in linux documents.

c - How to create a simple sysfs class attribute in Linux kernel v3.2 - Stack Overflow 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos