cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

u-boot porting based on L5.10.9 for imx6 solo processor

hailiu
Contributor IV

Dear community,

I am porting u-boot code for my board using imx6 solo processor based on L5.10.9 release. I followed the BSP porting guide for 5.10.9.

First I added a customer layer, copied imx6solosabresd.conf to  my machine directory and renamed it to <myboard_name>.conf, then created layer.conf, added the layer to bblayers.conf. Added a line:

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/bootloader_<myboard_name> based on the guide in  <myboard_name>.conf.

After the above steps, I tried to build the image to see whether the layer addition is correct. I got an error:

ERROR: u-boot-imx-1_2020.04-r0 do_compile: oe_runmake failed, look in the log, i found that the error first occurs at :

ERROR: u-boot-imx-1_2020.04-r0 do_compile: oe_runmake failed
ERROR: u-boot-imx-1_2020.04-r0 do_compile: Execution of '/home/hai/imx-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx6solosmarthome-poky-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-imx/1_2020.04-r0/temp/run.do_compile.2732213' failed with exit code 1:

After several line, the message displayed is(I guess it is the same error, but the more accurate place):

/home/hai/imx-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx6solosmarthome-poky-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-imx/1_2020.04-r0/git is not clean, please run 'make mrproper'
| in the '/home/hai/imx-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx6solosmarthome-poky-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-imx/1_2020.04-r0/git' directory.

make -f /home/hai/imx-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx6solosmarthome-poky-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-imx/1_2020.04-r0/git/scripts/Makefile.build obj=scripts
| make[1]: *** [/home/hai/imx-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx6solosmarthome-poky-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-imx/1_2020.04-r0/git/Makefile:1764: prepare3] Error 1

Do I need to modify other place to have the new layer works?

thank you!

Hai

0 Kudos
3 Replies

hailiu
Contributor IV

I fixed the issue by using the meta-imx/meta-bsp/conf/machine/imx6solosabred.conf  instead of meta-freesscale/conf/machine/imx6qdlsabresd.conf. Based on the comments of imx6qdlsabresd.conf, it support imxsolosabresd board, have no idea why I can not use cdl machine configuration file. Any documents to describe the purpose of different layers? Is the meta-freescale layers is for Freescale community and meta-imx layer is the BSP layer of NXP?

thanks

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

hailiu
Contributor IV

Dear Igor,

Thank you very much. The problem has been resolved.

0 Kudos